Excellent Salary plus Benefits
8 months ago
Due to continued growth an OEM manufacturer of rotating equipment to the marine and energy industries are looking to recruit an Electrical & Electronic Design Engineer
Salary: Circa £55,000 - £60,000 per annum plus benefits
Suitable for: Electrical Design Engineer, Control Systems Engineer, Electrical Project Engineer, Electrical & Electronic Design Engineer
Reporting in to the Engineering Manager you will be responsible for developing and maintaining the Electrical Design, EMC and Electrical/ Software control System Integrity of High Speed Diesel Engines manufactured and overhauled in the Colchester Facility. Developing Electrical Control system designs that meet the application requirements of the market
• Custodian of the electrical/ software designs for the high speed diesel engine range
• Ensure that the electrical designs and application software for engines meet the requirements of the customer and any system interfaces have electrical integrity
• Responsible for interface with Supply Chain for engine controls and Electrical/ software system design to ensure a standardised approach to delivery and development
• Working with others to develop control specification for Engines that meets the customer requirements/ applications inc. Wiring Diagrames, P&ID’s , logic diagrams,
• To support, future applications for the engine inculuding Functional safety , control and Instrumentation and System engineering
• Working closely with Contract Management to ensure all Electrical and Software designs are available to meet overall delivery programmes
• Ensure all electrical designs for current life engines are maintained to the required standard
• Conduct 8D root cause analysis investigations and develop permanent corrective actions.
• Conducting “DFMEA” on components and systems to identify and address design risks and determine validation needs
• Creating 2D/3D electrical designs using CAD
• Develop a process to ensure workload transparency such that clarity on deliverables and timings can be maintained
• Be pragmatic in conflicting requirement situations as to what is the best option for the business, work across the bueibnss to deliver it.
• Able to perform calculations to validate safety factors and strength reserves to satisfy product H & S requirements to CE directives
• Design cost effective solutions for both one off modifications or batch productions to meet design briefs.
Background and experience:
• Detailed technical understanding of, and at least 5 years experience in, Electrical Control and Software systems Design for engines
• Detailed understanding of production operations and facility optimization
• Be very structured and organised in approach to work even in an unstructred environment
• Made the business journey in a hands on way and has ability to deliver structure and process into a traditional environment
• At least 5 years of related experience, preferably within a mechanical equipment manufacturing / repair facility
• Must be highly proficient in use of MS Project and MS Excel • Experienced in practical Risk Management, processes and tools
• Worked for a number of different organisations (ideally both large and medium sized)
• Able to support UK and international travel requirements
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.