Electrical & Controls Maintenance Engineer
Our customer is a global supplier of advanced materials and support the aerospace, automotive and alternative energy sectors.
The purpose of the role is to work with specialist equipment such as PLC's which control machinery on factory plant along with maintaining electrical instrumentation and control systems.
The main duties of the Electrical & Controls Maintenance Engineer:
· Be a key part of the engineering team supporting the site operation including ensuring the control systems performance does not affect safety, quality or delivery.
· Controlling version control of PLC code and instrument parameters.
· Supporting multiple engineering projects including working with suppliers to maintain control systems performance.
· Work with production departments on continuous improvement projects to reduce scrap and other production losses.
· Writing maintenance strategies to help with installation and commissioning guidelines.
Skills and experience required for the Electrical & Controls Maintenance role:
· Maintenance engineering background with instrument and PLC controls experience.
· Maintenance experience in a manufacturing or process environment.
· Ideally knowledge of process control instrumentation including temperature, pressure and flow control.
· An understanding of PC and SCADA control systems.
· An understanding of electrical safety and SIL including safety PLC's.
· Experience of industry standard risk assessment techniques such as HAZOP and FMEA.
We are immediately sourcing suitable candidates for this role. If you are interested please apply with your CV and covering letter, along with confirmation of your current notice period and salary expectations. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted prior to submission with further details. However, should you wish to discuss your application first hand, please contact Justin Wainwright on 01268 889267 or 07711 156281