£Comp + Bens
about 1 month ago
Electrical and Automation Control Engineer
£Competitive plus benefits
A Electrical and Automation Control Engineer is required to operate as a key member of the Engineering team developing and integrating components, hardware and control systems to meet Customer and Legislative requirements for engine performance, emissions, and efficiency. Candidates that have previously worked within the design and engineering industry and have previous experience in the design of electrical control and automation would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this company, one of the world's first developers and integrators of hydrogen solutions, focusing on engineering, hydrogen infrastructure, industrial, on-road, off-road, and marine applications, requires a Electrical and Automation Control Engineer, based in Shenfield, to support the electrical design engineering team, delivering timely and accurate electrical design and software solutions. As a Electrical and Automation Control Engineer you will be required to:
- Participate in design reviews
- Provide technical support to the production teams
- Identify lessons learned to help develop both within the team and the team as a whole, such as continuously improve the reliability and utility of new electrical designs
The Electrical and Automation Control Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Electrical or automation engineering degree or equivalent
- Control Networks: (CAN, J1939, MODBUS RTU, MODBUS TCP/IP, Profinet)
- Write PLC and HMI code object-oriented, documented, and easy to maintain
- Familiar with the IEC 61131-3 (LD, FB, ST, and SFC)
- Software validation and simulation
- Creation of Software Design Specifications (SDS) and Functional Design Specifications (FDS)
- Setup and commissioning of drives and associated systems and software interfaces
- Write PLC and HMI code from scratch for manual and automatic machines
- Circuit design and specifications, as well as the creation of BOM's
- Project administration planning skills
- Be able to produce Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) and accompanying testing documentation
- Approval of wiring diagrams and control panels
- Experienced working (and fault finding) in electrical panels.
- Hazardous Area Knowledge of ATEX/IECEX (Preferred)
- Understanding of common production processes relating to marine electrical and electronic systems would be advantageous
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with a good understanding of modern PLC control to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Shenfield based developer and integrator of hydrogen solutions will offer you:
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Electrical and Automation Control Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Electrical and Automation Control Engineer role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.