- Sector: Electrification
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Paul Robson
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446117
- Expiry Date: 02 February 2022
- Job Ref: 60159
Electric Vehicle Powertrain Calibration Engineer – Nuneaton - £ Highly Competitive DOE
An Electric Vehicle Powertrain Calibration Engineer is required for a high-technology consultancy. Based in an innovative, supportive and quality driven environment. You will be calibrating different electrified powertrain systems for torque control, torque management, shift timing, shift quality, and acceleration management. Your tasks will include but not limited to understanding internal and customer request/requirements for performance, driver comfortability, diagnostics, safety, and calibrate the specific system to meet these requirements. Your workplace will be very dynamic and fast-paced. In this exciting new role you can expect to learn everything about the architecture of electric vehicles and experience first-hand the integration and start-up of the systems
As Electric Vehicle Powertrain Calibration Engineer– you will be required to
- Participate in development and validation of electrified powertrain controls for commercial vehicle EV applications and different architectures.
- Provide Technical analysis in a project team environment.
- Create Test cases and work with other engineers to execute test case for performance of powertrain system in different environment such as Dyno, HIL, vehicle
- Support internal/customer request to analyse data from driving events for performance, issues, etc.
- Create calibration documentation for reference to customers and engineers.
- Travel to perform hot climate and cold climate development to meet customer requirements.
As Electric Vehicle Powertrain Calibration Engineer – you will have
- Strong MATLAB and Simulink knowledge
- Strong knowledge of PID Calibration, Shift strategy, Torque management, diagnostics strategies.
- Familiarity with different CAN protocols such as J1939, CAN standard, UDS, etc.
- MATLAB data analysis and scripting
- Strong experience with calibration tools such as CANape, INCA, ControlDesk, ATI, etc.
- Hands on vehicle debugging and calibration experience
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with people at all levels within and outside Dana in a professional manner.
- Ability to multi-task effectively on projects and assignments
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in order to meet deadlines and goals
- A team player, who is both flexible and creative in their approach to problem-solving
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills required in English.
What you will get:
- A competitive salary and benefits package, whilst working on exciting and dynamic projects.
- The opportunity to influence some of the most ground-breaking vehicles in the automotive arena today.
Suitably qualified and experienced Electric Powertrain Calibration Engineers should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.