- Sector: Off-Highway
- Function: Health & safety
- Contact: Grant Nisbet
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446115
- Duration: 12 month contract
- Start Date: asap
- Expiry Date: 10 June 2022
- Job Ref: 61697
Off Highway Manufacturing
12 month Contract - Inside IR35
To £24 per hour (Umbrella)
The key role of this entry level position is to learn and assist, to gain an understanding of the business systems and procedures, to learn and develop skills which result from the practical application of basic scientific knowledge. You will then provide assistance to a project team or others in the work group to ensure Environmental, Health and/or Safety (EHS) assignments are planned to provide experience and familiarisation with the technical staff, methods, practices and programs of the company and assigned area.
The EHS Officer will be responsible for their own development, continuously learning through experience and staying abreast of technology and regulatory changes. Your learning will focus on methods, processes and systems applied to the EHS discipline, practical application of theory, communications and building knowledge of this global OEM's methods, practices and programs.
Key activities in the role will include;
· Undertaking inspections and tests planned to provide experience and familiarisation with company operations, specific EHS issues and regulations, and company practices.
· Collecting and evaluating data.
· Identifying problem areas.
· Assisting more experienced professionals in developing solutions.
· Using readily available clear and direct references and provide straightforward solutions to problems.
· Performing training with colleagues.
In addition to great attention to detail, a degree in an appropriate scientific discipline is highly desired though consideration will be given to equivalent EHS experience.
You will be expected to demonstrate strong analytical skills, initiative, leadership and the ability to communicate effectively.
If keen to learn more please contact Grant Nisbet on 01384 446115 or email email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.