Job Title: EHS Associate
Duration: 24 Months
Rate: £15-20 per hour
A unique opportunity has become available to work on a long term contract, supporting the cultural EHS change programme within an internationally renowned off-highway yellow good manufacturer.
This role will play an active part in the continual improvement of both the EHS management system and safety recipe for cultural improvement. As the EHS associate, you will be responsible for supervising two safety coaches, and reporting into the EHS Manager who is based at the Leicester facility.
As the Environmental Health and Safety Associate, you will provide leadership, mentoring, and direction to personnel to ensure that employee health and the environment are protected.
You will also conduct and supervise activities that ensure compliance with regulations (HSE, Environment Agency) and corporate policies.
You will manage Environmental, Health and/or Safety (EHS) activities at a small facility or support and deputise for EHS Manager at a medium to large facility.
There is also supervisory responsibility for one or more EHS staff and support personnel.
Reporting to this position are various levels of EHS staff and support personnel. You will need to coach and facilitate the development of the work group to develop collaborative relationships among themselves, suppliers, other cross functional groups and internal customers to insure goals are achieved. You will ideally have a breadth of knowledge and experience including EHS regulations, programs and policies.
The EHS Associate will assist operations management in understanding related EHS requirements and their impact on operations and evaluate the impact of impending regulations and communicates these issues to appropriate facility personnel. Another responsibility will be to utilise and present potential modifications of the corporations "best management practice" programs to ensure they meet the needs of the facility.
- Identify common safety/health/environmental hazards inherent in the organizations operations
- Work with EHS manager or corporate EHS to establish guidelines for protection from those hazards
- Prepare or review EHS training materials for the facility
- Investigate and establish standards for protective equipment
- Perform self-assessments of safety/health/environmental programs for compliance with company standards, government regulations, and adequacy relative to local conditions
- Generate and/or review reports for environmental (Environment Agency) and safety (Health and Safety Executive) agencies.
- To be successful in your application for this role, you will have:
- 1 to 3 years previous experience
- NEBOSH certificate minimum
- A strong understanding of EHS regulations and corporate standards
- Strong influencing and communication skills
- A technical degree and NEBOSH Diploma (consideration will be given to equivalent EHS experience)
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged soon. If you have knowledge of this area and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the EHS Associate role, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.