South East England, England
car, bonus scheme, pension
about 1 year ago
Environmental, Health and Safety Advisor
Tonbridge Area, to cover 3 sites in that immediate region
Up to £37,000, plus company car, bonus and pension
A vacancy has arisen for an EHS Advisor to join this established Health & Safety Department. This role will be covering 3 sites which are in the South East of the country.
This global construction products business has global network of plants and several in the UK that provide world class products to several sectors within the built environment.
We are looking an EHS Advisor that will:
To proactively assist with the development, implementation, monitoring and review of all EHS strategies, policies and procedures throughout the organisation:
- To undertake investigations for all accidents as required and ensure these are reported accurately to the UK H&S Manager for reporting purposes and in line with company standards.
- To collate and analyse accident and incident statistics and recommend intervention strategies; to eliminate or reduce the risk of future occurrences and incidents of ill health and lost time as directed by the UK H&S Manager
- Provide assistance to the UK H&S Manager in maintaining effective working relationships with Directors, Managers, Employees, Trade Unions, Contractors, Partners, or other Stakeholders.
- To assist in the development, delivery, and facilitation of training/toolbox talks on health safety and environmental matters including but not limited to risk assessments, safe isolation, working at height, permit to work, dust & noise control, confined spaces, induction, fire, first aid, housekeeping etc… Ensuring that appropriate records are maintained.
- Provide written reports in the way of inspections, visible management leadership, and monthly summaries where necessary to assist the business in implementing solutions to enhance its health and safety performance.
- Contribute to the design, development, and production of training materials, documents and manuals to ensure consistency and quality of content meet the specific needs of the EHS training programme.
- Continually sustain awareness of amended or new legislation/code of practice that may affect company operations.
- Maintain a healthy and safe working culture across the UK business
Skills & Experience ideally required to perform the role.
- NEBOSH General Certificate or Equivalent
- IOSH Environmental Management
- Minimum of 3-4 years within a manufacturing environment
- Good understanding of PUWER and LOTOTO - Energy Isolation
- Good understanding of Working at Height
- Accident Investigation Training & Understanding of Accident prevention techniques
- Ability to use MS office applications - PowerPoint, Word, Excel & Outlook
- Excellent organisational skills - able to prioritise
- Flexible and adaptable - Able to travel to other regions & sites when required
- Evidence of promoting a positive health and safety culture & performance
- High attention to detail with good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work independently
This is an excellent position with a world class manufacturing business and a true market leader in their field. If you wish to be considered, please apply.