over 1 year ago
Our client is a market leader in Europe, producing wires, cables and wiring systems for the automotive industry.
Team Leader (EDS/Design)
Your duties will include:
- Managing a team of 3D or EDS Engineers to design SDS compliant EDS designs in compliance with best practice and legal requirements
- Ensure the Design Team work
- Ensuring that the team is engaged with the Plant and PPE to ensure full consideration to DFM requirements
- Interfacing with the customer to ensure project deliverables are met (Virtual Series, Builds, AIMS, ECR's, DVP) in accordance with the Vehicle Programme Plan.
- Presenting monthly project performance
- Responsible for engineering deliverables in accordance with the Project Timing Plan
- Seeking out and resolving issues in an efficient and effective manner to control and minimise risk
- Target setting in partnership with the team to maintain project performance and quality standards
- Operating in an APQP environment
- Developing and maintaining DFMEA's
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent, in a relevant discipline
- Management level Customer facing experience
- Experience in the development of Vehicle EDS Systems
- Prepared to travel both within the UK and overseas
- Assertiveness, self-motivation and an organised approach to problem solving
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (including presentation, technical communication and negotiation skills)
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.