Title: EDS Strategy Lead Engineer
Division: Special Vehicle Operations
Contract Position based at: Fen End
EDS Strategy Lead Engineer
- To develop consistent, efficient (cost and time), effective and future proofed accessory products, for the delivery team to pick up between
- Develop & deliver EDS strategy for the accessories / Vehicle personalisation team.
- Own and manage DT creation and handover to delivery teams.
- Drive the delivery of timely engineering solutions to programme requirements as per Gateway deliverables process until the PS gateway.
- Work to drive complexity reduction and cost savings through the strategy.
- Lead discussions with core EDS and ensure consistent and structured alignment for future EDS implementations.
3 Key Skills Required
- Vision to create new strategies and drive them to implementation.
- Experience in EDS and automotive systems.
- Excellent communications skills with demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels
- Proven years EDS experience Has experience of electrical and electronic component delivery
- Extensive experience of electrical and electronic component delivery
- Experience of JLR / Automotive processes
- CAD Literacy - ability to manipulate and interrogate CAD data and use associated visualisation tools.
- Significant experience in use of engineering tools - FMEA, Six Sigma, problem resolution etc.
- Any person supplied should have a valid UK driving licence and meet the medical requirements of J&LR facilities
- Working knowledge of project delivery processes
- Working knowledge of change management processes
- Understanding of JLR processes is required.
- Experienced ideally within the automotive sector or adjacent industries, e.g. rail, aerospace, defence, energy etc
Electrical or Electronic qualification preferably degree
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.