Lead EDS / Harness Engineers - all levels - motorcycles - Hinckley, Leic
Hinckley based motorcycle manufacturer seeking a Lead EDS engineer responsible for overall harness schematics. Previous experience is important but not necessarily on motorcycles - other vehicles will be considered
What you will do
- Design of Electrical Distribution Systems
- Full EDS project responsibility for new bike models and variants.
- Design and development of whole vehicle electrical circuits.
- High level design and specification of a wide variety of electrical / electronic components.
- Physical layout of wiring harness and associated electrical systems on the motorcycle.
- Design for EMC. Regular liaison with project managers, manufacturing departments and chassis / powertrain / systems teams.
- Work with existing worldwide suppliers and identify potential new suppliers to ensure timely introduction of new components and harnesses.
- Review of technical reports.
- Continually improvement to advance design procedures, advise best practice and improve efficiency.
What you will need
- Degree or HND in electrical/electronic engineering (or similar qualification)
- Be able to read both harness schematics and component level schematics and fault find
- Previous harness experience is required but this can be auto, aero, rail, industrial ie anyone that designs harness schematics
- Vesys would be very useful but other 2D schematic tools are acceptable
- Previous leadership experience
- Must be able to work in the UK indefinitely without sponsorship
- Desireable experience would include CAN, Preevision,
What you will get
- Day shift position, no weekend working, 7/8 am start with early finish on Fridays (some flexitime)
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Opportunity to work on exciting motorcycles and career development
Please include current CV, availability and details of current salary/desired salary. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted prior to submission to discuss the role further. Should you wish to know more, please contact 01384 397555