EMC Systems Engineer
An EDS Engineer is required with experience in electrical or electronic systems, hardware and/or software.
This company based in Basildon requires a Commercial Vehicle EDS Engineer, Lead EDS PMST for Commercial Vehicle EDS.
The EDS Engineer Support the development of the EDS as specified by the current level of EDS SDS/RQT. Manage EDS deliverables (using Integrator) for Commercial Vehicle programmes Raise, review and sign-off of WERS Concerns/ change notices and AVBOM content as appropriate. Track project status and cost and report out to CV programme where required. Manage the Resident Engineers for the EDS for Global Commercial Vehicle Programmes. Comply with program specific statement of work (SOW) for EDS supplier. Source and project manage component suppliers leading Team of Four with Purchasing, Finance and Cost Estimating.
- Package wiring harnesses as per DPA and E2KS requirements.
- Ensure correct requirements capture and understand detailed technical specifications.
- Plan and coordinate Design Verification and sign-off testing to support / gateways using eFDVS.
- Support Resident Engineers in development of EDS FMA and DVP&R
- Use lessons learnt, quality data, FMA tools and disciplines to continually improve components and systems.
- Provide on-site EDS engineering launch support as necessary globally
- Support prototype builds and production launches at vehicle assembly plants.
- Support EESE PMT meetings, monitor delivery performance and conduct weekly status report-outs to management.
There may be possible travel: Germany, Belgium, Turkey, USA; project depending.
The EDS Engineer should have the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrate the application and deployment of engineering quality tools (FMA, DFMEA, 8D, 6-Sigma, APQP, PPAP)
- Excellent knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and other PC based applications.
- Project management skills with a thorough attention to detail.
- Able to demonstrate initiative, perseverance, and liaison skills.
- Knowledge of OEM EDS product development systems and processes: GPDS, eFDVS, AVBOM, WERS, AIMS, Teamcenter, ASAP.
- Experience in electrical or electronic systems, hardware and/or software.
- Relevant Engineering degree
If you have any questions about the EDS Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship