Our client is a market leader in Europe, producing wires, cables and wiring systems for the automotive industry.
Reporting to the Engineering Project Leader this varied role will include EDS design and drawing creation, technical problem solving and change tracking as well as customer facing activities including launch and build support.
Specifically this will include:
- Responsibility for developing the engineering design of the electrical distribution system from project start to vehicle launch/SOP
- Responsibility for the design of wiring harnesses, including the co-ordination of mechanical and electrical design data (i.e. bringing together 3D modelling data and electrical circuits data)
- Supporting the development and integration of associated components into the harness design (e.g. adding brackets, formers, and grommets).
- Responsibility for design validation against customer specifications.
- Responsible for the release of harness designs to agreed project timing
- Supporting design validation (DVP) an internal best practice, especially with regards to design for manufacture and quality assurance
- Educated to HND/degree level, in a relevant engineering discipline (e.g. Elec/Auto/Mech)
- Demonstrable understanding of electrical principles, and vehicle electrical systems
- Experience in a vehicle manufacturing environment, preferably in a design support role
- Knowledge of harness manufacturing processes and best practice in 'design for manufacture'
- Prepared to travel Customer and Supplier sites worldwide
- CAD tool understanding - Vesys / CATIA V5/V6
- DFMEA practical experience / knowledge of.
- Electrical harness engineering background
- AIMS, ECR's & Release process
- Quality tools such as APQP, DFMEA, 8D
- Cost understanding
- Ability to read and use engineering specifications & drawings
- Certified to use CATIA V5/ V6
- Certified to use Electrical Work Bench
- Trained and Certified to utilize Team Centre (TCe)
To apply for this position please contact Rachel Meacham.