Job Title EC&I Technician
We are currently recruiting for our client for a EC&I Technician to work with their team on their Birmingham plant. The role will be working with on CHP treatment plant and will be involved with a wide range of maintenance activities.
What you'll do:
- As the EC&I Technician you will support plant operations, maximising plant availability through effective best practise maintenance, supporting delivery of key performance indicators and overall business objectives.
- You will be responsible for maintaining and supporting a proactive safety culture within Engineering / Operations environment.
- Ensuring a safe working environment is maintained at all times complying with company safety procedures and legislation.
- You will support the development and delivery of condition based planned preventative maintenance strategy in conjunction with the site manager.
- Maintain plant availability and performance within agreed targets.
- Focus on delivering a Right First Time approach to maintenance and support and supervise planned shutdown maintenance activities and work.
- You will be responsible for maximising the use of the Computerised maintenance management systems to support and implement improvement programs and plans and ensure reliability engineering best practises is fully understood and utilised and apply a standard to which plant should be procured, installed, maintained, inspected and repaired.
- You will engage in continuous improvement activity and improvement process and assist in minimising maintenance costs by taking action to reduce operational losses, reduce waste, ensure operating efficiencies and targets are achieved.
Skills & Qualifications required for the role:
- HNC level or above in electrical, process control and instrumentation
- Time served electrical, process control & instrumentation engineering, possess a relevant engineering background.
- Knowledge of H&S principles and good knowledge of systems, electrical, process control and instrumentation engineering best practices and principles.
- Possess IT skills, and have proven experience working with PLC and SCADA / DCS software & SAP.
- You will have previous experience of working with a variety of instrumentation e.g. Pressure, flow, temperature and quality instruments and an understanding of modern condition based maintenance standards and techniques.
- You will ideally have an understanding of a manufacturing process or similar type of continuous operating industry, people Management and / or supervisor experience.
- You will ideally have previous experience working with a continuous emissions monitoring system (CEMS) and maintenance of SIL safety loops and knowledge of Ethernet and Profibus networks.
- You will preferably be proficient in computer maintenance systems (e.g. Shire / Maximo / SAP) and worked with at least one of the following PLC software platforms: Logix5000, Step 7, TIA Portal and at least one of the following SCADA applications: FactoryTalk View, WinCC, InTouch. You will ideally have experience fault finding and maintenance on variable speed drives; mainly ABB and Siemens and fault finding on Siemens Intelligent MCC Starters.
- You will preferably possess a IOSH, managing safely qualification or higher.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.