8 months ago
Job title: Software Engineer
Salary Range: £45,000
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
We are seeking an additional Software Engineer to join our team. This position would suit a time served Software Engineer who is seeking a new opportunity in order to progress their career. The candidate will carry the responsibility of designing & programming high value heavy duty processing equipment, material handling equipment and Robotic cells. The ideal Software Engineer will also work closely alongside the sales, manufacturing and customer service departments, providing technical support as required and update/maintain legacy software.
- Design and programming of electrical / electronic and software control systems in the machine tool, robotic and automation industry.
- Produce detailed documentation packages.
- To program PLC's, HMI’s, and Real-Time Motion Control for hydraulic and electric drive systems.
- To develop front-end systems using manufactures IDE’s, or bespoke higher-level languages.
- To commission systems on customer sites throughout the world, sometimes at short notice.
- Creating and owning solution designs to meet customer requirements.
- Developing application code to the appropriate standards and guidelines.
- Testing applications to prove they are suitable for release to the customer.
- Participate in work prioritisation, work estimation and planning.
- Liaise with various disciplines to resolve any issues.
- Follow configuration management guidelines to ensure that the code is version controlled and backed up. - Ensure any delivered code is maintainable.
- Producing and maintaining appropriate technical and operational documentation.
- To carry out other duties not listed above in order to ensure smooth running of the department, so long as they are consistent with the principal duties
• Siemens S7/TIA PLC/HMI programming and integration of various drive and motion control.
• Allen-Bradley RS Logix PLC / FactoryTalk View HMI programming and motion control.
• Integrating a system with multiple devices on various communication protocols (EthernetIP,
• IEC 61131 orientated programming experience.
Combinations of other PLC, HMI or higher-level systems configuration skills may be considered if a
significant level of experience has been attained. Knowledge of other programming languages would
be advantageous such as:
• Real-time and embedded control.
• Moog MACS programming environment.
The knowledge and ability to document the complete software lifecycle of a system is beneficial (i.e.
requirements, design, testing and installation).
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Software Engineer role, please contact Shannon Harling at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446168.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.