£35 - 40 per hour
3 months ago
Job title: EC&I Engineer
Salary Range: £35.00 - £40.00 per hour(umbrella or LTD)
Hours: 37.5-hour week
6 month rolling contract working for a leading defence design and development client.
Two SC Cleared EC&I Engineers are required with knowledge and proficient experience in Autocad Electrical carrying out the delivery of all discipline design and engineering to meet the requirements of the Concept Design Review & Preliminary Design Review Gate. The EC&I Engineer roles are hands-on design based roles with a degree of team leadership within discipline.
EC&I Engineers with knowledge and experience working on defence/nuclear projects would would be well received.
Due to ongoing new projects this client based in Bolton requires 2 dynamic, leading EC&I Engineers to work on a 6-month rolling contract basis.
As an EC&I Engineer, you will be required to:
- To be the main interface between senior management and hands-on design
- Prepare supporting design calculations and specifications to substantiate design.
- Development of designs to satisfy technical specifications, in liaison with client and project team.
- Check standard design calculations of designers and other engineers within the team.
- Actively contribute to design reviews, safety reviews (Risk Assessments and HAZOP’s) from technical standpoint.
- Produce design documentation throughout the design process including scope of works; design calculations; method statements; risk assessments; technical files and other technical documentation to comply with design standards; safety legislation / regulatory requirements and the needs of the client.
- Ensure quality and delivery of design documentation throughout the design phases.
- Compliance with safety and statutory regulations (e.g. CDM; CE etc)
- Develop cost effective technical solutions.
- Demonstrable competence gained in a design delivery position.
- Design delivery in discipline specific area through conceptual; preliminary and detail design phases.
- Knowledge of design standards and design based risk assessment would be an advantage.
The Electrical Fitter should have the following skills or experience:
- SC Clearance is essential. Candidates without SC clearance will not be considered
- Preferably degree qualified within a relevant area of the discipline though not essential.
- Minimum HNC qualification or equivalent gained within a relevant area of the discipline
- Autocad Electrical – must be proficient
- Autodesk inventor experience (minimal) would be a bonus but not essential
- Industry experience within Nuclear / Defence would be idea
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced EC&I Engineer. In return for your experience, this Bolton based defence design and development specialist will offer you:
- 6 month rolling contract position
- 37.5 hour working wee
- £35.00 - £40.00 per hour(umbrella or LTD) Outside IR35
- Great working conditions
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you are an SC Cleared EC&I Engineer and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the EC&I Engineer role , please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.