£28.15 - 28.15 per hour
Title: Early Careers Leader
Division: Human Resources
Contract Position based at: Gaydon with visits to other sites as required
The Academy is a new centralised function to establish the expertise required for the design and delivery of all learning solutions which support the capability of our employees. It has a vital role to play to ensure that everyone is able to operate at an optimal level of performance for their role, and ready to deliver against demanding business goals.
The Academy is part of the HR function, and will scan the external environment to ensure that the Learning Academy establishes and maintains a World Class approach to people capability development. This capability is key to us creating and sustaining profitable growth and differentiating our leading Brand.
This role is responsible for ensuring the consistent and efficient delivery of the Early Careers programmes from learner induction through to successful completion. This requires direct and regular engagement with a cohort of learners, their line managers, education providers and other internal and external stakeholders. You will review and monitor progression against agreed plans and milestones providing a variety of support and guidance.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Ensure effective induction of all Early Careers starters ensuring corporate, local and academic programme aspects are addressed.
- Engage with Early Careers Governance team to prepare for new programmes.
- Ensure that supporting programme activities such as internally planned training activities, placements, rotations, team projects, business communication meetings, rate for stage reviews, and assessments are planned, communicated and delivered to a high standard.
- Establishing curriculums and pathways within Success Factors for other business lead enrichment activities which support engagement and speed to competency.
- Ensure that delivery by external providers is effective and to plan.
- Provide regular feedback to learners, line managers, business leaders and local HR teams on the progression and performance of their learners.
- Identifying strengths and development opportunities for each learner.
- Ensure personal data is maintained in a compliant and efficient manner.
- Ensure effective reviews to ensure safeguarding and health and safety of early careers learners - ensuring line managers are aware of their duties including provisions applicable to young or vulnerable learners.
- Work with Early Careers Governance team to provide feedback on delivery activities and opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Support promotion, recruitment and celebration events associated with early careers programmes along with learners.
- Ensure all learners have a clear development pathway, and the various forms of support required to help them to achieve all aspects of their programme and associated personal development to a high standard.
- Review and monitor learner progression aligned to their curriculum and as appropriate for their stage in the programme and experience.
- Use informal coaching methods to; support learners to make effective decisions, reflect on their performance / behaviours, identify alternative approaches.
- Maintain regular 2 way dialogue with line managers to ensure programme operates effectively.
- Prepare information on learners where performance intervention is required and provide to Senior Cohort Leader for action and closures.
Key Skills Required:
- Proven track record in supporting the delivery of apprenticeships / early careers programmes or other complex learning and development activities which have direct and regular engagement with the learner.
- Highly developed mentoring / coaching skills - able to adapt style and approach to situation and audience. A good understanding of academic and vocational qualifications, delivery and assessment approaches. Able to coach others in how to support apprentice / early careers learners e.g. through objective setting and performance management techniques.
- Comfortable using LMS / reporting systems to effectively and proactively deploy learning curriculums, manage progression of learners, build action plans, and keep relevant stakeholders informed. Able to demonstrate clear decision making capability taking responsibility for outcomes
- Knowledge of external Graduate programmes/benchmarking
- Knowledge in respect of content and purpose of apprenticeship standards.
- Knowledge ESFA delivery requirements - ideally within an automotive or manufacturing environment
- A working knowledge of approaches to professional registration and competency development (e.g. EngTech, IEng and CEng).
- Familiar with approaches to End Point Assessment.
- Experience of working with adult learners / existing professionals seeking to expand their knowledge, capability and qualifications, alongside their existing role responsibilities.
- Experience of how online platforms / learning environments can support appropriate delivery of learning, cohort engagement, and knowledge sharing that adds value to the business and builds competency faster.
To apply for these roles please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.