An experienced Technician is required to support our clients expanding engine test facility, and technical capability in engine testing. The successful candidate will be expected to be a key contributor to supporting existing engine testing, and in the continual update, and development of the engine test cell facility, with particular emphasis on mechanical installation of engines, maintenance of equipment, and services.
The successful candidate will act in a support role to the Test Facilities Manager. Day-to-day duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Installation, and removal of high performance motorsport engines to and from dynamometer.
- Pro-active, and reactive maintenance of all engine test facilities, and associated equipment/services.
- Where required, assist in the implementation of test equipment upgrades
- Stock-take of dyno department inventory
- Handling of fuels, oils, and inhibitors.
- General cleaning, and engine test facility housekeeping.
Key Skills / Experience
- Ability to work safely, and unsupervised, within a workshop environment
- Familiarity with turbocharged combustion engine operation, and architecture
- Familiarity with electrical/electronic hardware, and wiring
- Mechanical and, electrical fault diagnosis skills
- A proactive, conscientious, and organised approach to work
- Adaptability, and willingness to learn
- An eye for detail
- Ability to work to deadlines
- A team worker
- Supply of own tools
- Forklift operator's license
- Proficiency/experience in tig/mig welding, lathes/milling machines
This is an excellent opportunity to join an expanidng company working within an exciting industry.
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
If you fit the bill, please apply as soon as possible.
Please note Visa sponsorship is not available for this role.