Wolverhampton, West Midlands
£25 - £36 per hour
about 2 years ago
Job title: Drivetrain Engineer
Salary Range: Up to £36 per hour on a limited company basis
Industry: Off Highway
A Drivetrain Engineer has become available for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
The Drive Train Systems team has engineering responsibility for all small drivetrain components with a focus on transmissions - supporting the need to develop robust drive train design solutions for the future.
In this position, you will play a key role in the design and development, integration and validation of Continuously Variable Transmission design solutions.
You will have the opportunity to address and resolve design issues, working with worldwide technical experts, to maintain quality/cost/velocity of ground up designs.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or comparable expertise through experience.
- Pro/Engineer (Creo 4) competent.
- Experience of driveline/engine development, design (gears / shafts / bearings/ castings) integration, test and validation.
- Proven mechanical engineering competence in design and development with component/system level validation experience.
- CVT transmission experience.
- Off/On -Highway machine or vehicle experience.
- Detailed design including geometric tolerancing.
- Knowledge of the engineering to release processes.
- Certified 6Sigma Green Belt.
- Hydraulic system knowledge with the ability to design oil systems.
- NVH analysis experience would be advantageous.
Please contact James Tilley for more details.