- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Software and IT
- Contact: James Tilley
- Contact Email: James.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446126
- Expiry Date: 23 October 2021
- Job Ref: 58525
Commercial Vehicles Driver Information Engineer - 54258
£20 - £35 per hour - Inside IR35
The Enterprise Connectivity (EC) team has been established to create lifetime value for our customers by delivering sticky connected experiences that are simple and engaging for customers.
A position has become available in the Commercial Vehicle team to work with driver information, in-vehicle entertainment, and vehicle connectivity to enable cutting edge features to Transit Customers.
- Interpretation and application of system specifications for features and functions related to driver information components (e.g. instrument cluster).
- Lead issue investigation, fault analysis, data gathering (e.g. CAN logs), documentation and resolution of all issues reported throughout the vehicle development cycle which involve driver information components.
- Lead issue management, tracking and report out (e.g. AIMS, JIRA). Coordination of cross carline software delivery into vehicle program timeline, following software release and signoff processes.
- Lead software deployment and reflash activities onto development vehicles, test benches and breadboards.
- Lead design validation and verification activities for driver information components and the associated sub-systems.
- Analysis of test results considering specifications of interfacing functions. Support diagnostics-related tasks including component configuration (e.g. VSCS) and diagnostics specifications.
- Conduct vehicle level testing and signoff per global component requirement to GPDS timeline.
- Presentation of project status and results including recommendations for decisions for parts/systems towards Supervisor or supplier.
- Support component release and BoM management.
- Support vehicle launch activities to meet program requirements (PPAP plans, AIMS resolution, part supply).
- Application of given priorities regarding function, quality, cost, weight and timing in close collaboration with North American and Merkenich core teams.
- Confirmation that the design meets customer requirements, e.g. function, design, ergonomics and complies with legal and safety requirements.
- Coordination of system specifications with pre-development teams regarding regional requirements as well as function owners.
- Support creation of work plans for project management and monitoring within GPDS.
- Support cross-function activities to resolve vehicle level functional, package and process issues.
- A relevant engineering degree (e.g. Electrical/Electronics, Automotive, etc.).
- Experience in Product Development or Electrical Systems/Component Engineering.
- Hands-on experience in CAN tools (CANalyzer, CANoe, DET).
- Project management skills with a thorough attention to detail.
- An effective communicator and presenter, with the ability to build and maintain team and Experience of working within global teams.
- Ability to demonstrate use of initiative, perseverance and liaison skills. Full UK driving license.
- Good knowledge of development process and tools (e.g. GPDS, FMA, eFDVS, software releasing, TCe, WERS, etc.) would be a strong advantage.
Additional Information :
Full UK driving licence is required as this position may require occasional travelling to Supplier, Ford development or Vehicle launch sites.
** THIS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35 **
To apply for this position please send your CV to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.