£24 per hour
Driver Controls Engineer (JP00000331)
£24 per hour PAYE rate (inside IR35)
Deliverables / KPIs / SLAs
- OK judgements at development Design Reviews.
- Achievement of part cost versus budget.
- Closure of quality concerns within agreed timescales.
- No BOM errors affecting vehicle build.
- Development of Driver Controls (Switches) to meet Design and Test standards.
- Lead design reviews to ensure the parts under development are delivered in line with program requirements for cost, quality and timing.
- Maintain part BOM across European vehicles.
- Prepare functional specifications through discussion with system owners, customer orientated engineering, styling and trim engineers.
- Review and approve part drawings submitted by suppliers.
- Manage in-house and supplier validation of the parts.
- Resolve technical issues with in-house test departments and suppliers.
- Support vehicle development builds at European manufacturing sites. Investigate, contain and resolve issues as they arise.
- Conduct vehicle life cycle cost reduction idea generation and implementation.
- Lead vehicle life cycle warranty investigations and countermeasure implementations.
- Prepare and present development status and strategy plans to Senior Management.
Qualifications, skills training requirements
- Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Experience of Driver Controls development within automotive industry or equivalent.
- Understanding of electrical theory related to Driver Controls and connected circuits.
- Understanding of manufacturing techniques used for Driver Controls.
- Familiar with automotive electrical architecture.
- Experience of BOM management.
- Appreciation for ergonomic considerations related to Driver Controls.
- Knowledge of material properties and selection methods.
- An understanding of LIN or CAN communication.
- Experience of Driver Control cost drivers and budget setting.
- Knowledge of 3D CAD tools.
- Able to travel in the UK and abroad sometimes at short notice, typically for a few days to 2 weeks.
To apply for this role please send your cv to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.