Driver Controls Engineer
A Driver Controls Engineer is required with experience of Switch development within automotive industry
This company based in Cranfield requires a Driver Controls Engineer with experience of working with and developing global suppliers for a new contract role.
As a Driver Controls Engineer, you will be required to carry out the following:
- Leading design reviews to ensure the parts under development are delivered in line with program requirements for function, quality, cost, timing, serviceability and mass.
- Preparation of functional specifications through discussion with system owners, customer orientated engineering, styling and trim engineers.
- Managing in-house and supplier validation of the parts.
- Resolving technical issues with in-house test departments and suppliers.
- Supporting vehicle development builds at European manufacturing sites. Investigate, contain and resolve issues as they arise.
- Conduct vehicle life cycle cost reduction idea generation and implementation.
- Lead vehicle life cycle warranty investigations and countermeasure implementations.
- Understand technology trends and generate proposals for inclusion on future programs.
- Prepare and present development status and strategy plans to Senior Management.
- Build strong and collaborative relationships with global design colleagues.
- Undertake other tasks in support of the Department or company objectives
The Driver Controls Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Must have experience of Switch development within automotive industry.
- Must be able to provide daily management of global suppliers designing and manufacturing the parts.
- Must be able to manage fluctuating workloads and multiple inputs in a high pressure environment and prioritise accordingly.
- Should have good presentation skills.
- Experience of Switch cost drivers and budget setting methods is an advantage.
- Comfortable working to deadlines and holding others to those deadlines.
- Able to travel in the UK and abroad sometimes at short notice, typically for a few days to 2 weeks.
- Competent with PC applications (MS office etc).
- Appreciation for ergonomic considerations related to Switch design and packaging.
- Understanding of manufacturing techniques used for Switches.
- Knowledge of material properties and specific selection methods for Switches.
- Understanding of electrical theory related to Switches and connected circuits.
- An understanding of LIN based Switch systems is an advantage.
- Familiar with automotive electrical architecture.
- Experience of working with and developing global suppliers.
If you have any questions about the Driver Controls Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship