Job title: Software Engineer
Salary Range: Up to £30.71
Location: Whitley, Coventry
Industry: Driveline Controls
A Software Engineer is required to work for a leading automotive OEM. The position will be a long term contract role based in Whitley, Coventry and is paying a rate of up to £30.71 Ltd Co per hour.
The Software role is within the Driveline Controls team, the team is responsible for delivering latest technology world class four/all wheel drive systems on two global iconic brands. The team scope includes the development of the Driveline EDS and networks architecture, the electronics, system functional and attribute requirements and test case definition and supplier management.
This Software Engineer role has the following key responsibilities:
- Identify effective test strategies for a given feature and craft test plans accordingly.
- Execute manual and/or automated functional, stress, and performance on both system and component level (black and white box).
- System level stress testing focused on robustness of the hardware and software interfaces.
- Perform field tests for a range of in-car technologies including Active Differentials, Torque Vectoring, AWD Clutch Control, Ratio Shifting, Driveline Disconnecting Systems, HV Power Electronics
- Triage issues reported by customers and service and perform first level analysis.
- Work closely with the supplier to find and troubleshoot software issues, and validate fixes
To apply for this Software Engineer position you should have some of the following:
- Prior exposure to testing any of the following technologies a plus: Driveline, Transmissions, Power Electronics, Network/Power management, automotive software systems, CAN.
- Proven experience as an SQA Engineer, Field Application Engineer, Field Test Engineer, or a similar role.
- Experience using CANalyser/CANape/CANoe.
- Experience developing test automation software (dSPACE AutomationDesk, vTESTstudio, Ruby, Python, Perl, C/C++, Java) a big plus.
- Outstanding attention to detail and excited about the latest developments in car technology.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in EE, CS, CE, or a similar technical field
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this Software Engineer role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.