£35k - 40k per year + 25 days holiday plus stats, pension scheme, health scheme etc.
over 1 year ago
Job title: Drawing Office Manager
Salary Range: £35,000 to £40,000
Locations: Shrewsbury, West Midlands
Industry: Security Products & Systems
Jonathan Lee Recruitment has engaged with a key client and a leading engineering services business of high-quality security products and systems. Due to a highly volume of projects and new business my client is recruiting for a Drawing Office Manager on a permanent basis.
To manage and develop all elements of the Drawing Office Department including, but not limited to processes, personnel, design and IT technical technology.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- To manage, prioritise and delegate the Drawing Office Department workload subject to the on-going demands of the Company needs.
- Ensure internal and external technical requirements are met and provided in an agreed and timely manner. These include but are not limited works drawings and As Built drawings.
- Provide mentoring skills, guidance and technical support to other members of the Drawing Office, to agreed levels of competency.
- Create and maintain a library of standard and bespoke drawings that can be utilised for future business support.
- Collate and report Management statistics as and when required.
- Develop and continue to develop production drawings and specifications across existing and new product types.
- Interact with other Departments, Managers and Directors as the business requires.
- Attend meetings as and when required.
- Provide data to Sales Department for drawing times.
- Liaise with the R & D + Technical Manager to ensure the most up to date drawings and technical specifications are available.
- Support R & D + Technical Department with design or resource when agreed.
- Develop with Head of Department and IT personnel the Drawing Office Department hardware and software needs including but not limited to Solidworks and Driveworks.
- Ensure and maintain departmental training needs.
- Produce monthly departmental report for Senior Management.
- Take reasonable instructions from other Heads of Departments or Directors.
- Adhere to and ensure compliance with Company HR, Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety policies.
The Drawing Office Manager should have the following skills or experience:
- Experience in a similar management / leadership role.
- Computer literate with extensive experience and understanding of Microsoft Office, Autocad, Solidworks
- Ability to prioritise and delegate work effectively.
- Able to manage multiple tasks, working accurately with attention to detail and meeting deadlines.
- Effective communicator with experience of working in a high-pressure environment as part of a team.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company success.
- Ability to deal with a dynamic, changing work environment with multiple stakeholders and often rapidly changing priorities.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of mechanical products, have managed a design team and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Drawing Office Manager role, please contact Daniel Warby at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.