Competitive Plus Benefits
Lead Design Engineer
Salary Range: £35,000 to £38,000 p.a
Drawing Office, Design, Lead, Fabrication, CAD, R&D, Solidworks
A Lead Design Engineer is required with a hands-on ability to complete designs and project work, while leading and driving forward design teams within an engineering arena. Candidates with experience of the manufacturing, fabrication and site installation sectors would be well received.
Due to continued growth and demand this company, a forward thinking and market leader based in Powys requires a proactive, well organized Lead Design Engineer for a new permanent role. As a Lead Design Engineer you will be required to:
- Manage, prioritise and delegate the Drawing Office Department workload subject to the on-going demands of the Company needs.
- Ensure internal and external technical requirements are met and provided in an agreed and timely manner.
- Provide mentoring skills, guidance and technical support to other members of the Drawing Office, to agreed levels of competency.
- Create and maintain a library of standard and bespoke drawings that can be utilised for future business support.
- Develop and continue to develop production drawings and specifications across existing and new product types.
- Liaise with the R & D + Technical Manager to ensure the most up to date drawings and technical specifications are available.
- Support R & D + Technical Department with design or resource when agreed.
- Develop with Head of Department and IT personnel the Drawing Office Department hardware and software needs including but not limited to Solidworks and Driveworks.
The Lead Design Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Computer literate with extensive experience and understanding of Microsoft Office, Autocad, Solidworks, having the ability to prioritise and delegate work effectively.
- Able to manage multiple tasks, working accurately with attention to detail.
- Effective communicator with experience of working in a high-pressure environment as part of a team and leading a team to deliver tasks to stringent deadlines
- Ability to deal with a dynamic, changing work environment with multiple stakeholders and often rapidly changing priorities.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of leading design activities and projects possessing a good attention to design detail and systems seeking to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Powys based manufacturer and installation company will offer you:
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Opportunity to lead all design and drawing office activities both on and offsite allied with career progression and development
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of leading design teams and managing drawing offices processes and procedures and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Lead Design Engineer
role, please contact Oliver Smith at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.