This position presents an exciting opportunity to become part of a unique and evolving department within Body Engineering, developing advanced feature strategies and leading content delivery across many programs.
As a Doors System Lead Engineer your key responsibilities will include:
- Lead definition and design activities from PS through to Job 1, managing the Module Business Teams and interfacing with engineering, purchase, programme team, marketing and manufacturing functions, plus tier 1 and tier 2 suppliers.
- Management of and liaise with other adjacent stakeholders and functions, including suppliers, to ensure system compatibility issues are resolved according to cost and time targets.
- Support system strategy development for components and features.
- Develop and maintain local processes and metrics.
- Delivery of the Body Engineering functional scorecard.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Excellent first hand knowledge of component design principles within Side door Systems component Design, including component production techniques such as injection moulding / aluminium extrusion / Zinc Casting / TPE extrusion and mouldings. This will involve working with and across many diverse components such as Dynamic Body/Door Seals, Door Glass Run Seals, Body and Door Mounted finishers / Claddings and/or Glass Lift systems involving Glass and Regulators and/or Door mounted module plates among others.
- Project Management skills, delivery of project from concept to full production
- Be capable of engineering complex parts and / or assemblies, with particular consideration of part to part interfaces and relationships, including CAE, DFM and DFA requirements.
- Able to demonstrate design flair and the ability to be able to engineer a range of solutions to a design problem.
- Experience of investigative tools and methods to resolve complex system issues
- An effective communicator and have strong organisational and numerical skills.
Ideally educated to Degree level or equivalent.