This position presents an exciting opportunity to become part of a unique and evolving department within Body Engineering, developing advanced feature strategies and leading content delivery across many programs. In this role you will be exposed to a variety of components, systems, suppliers and cross PD functions, playing a key part in creating and driving robustness and quality into the moving glass and side door systems team.
Reporting to the departmental Group Leader and/or Programme Module Leader within Door system area, the Lead Engineer will potentially work across all of the Door commodities.
Lead definition & design activities from PS through to Job 1, managing the Module Business Teams and interfacing with engineering, purchase, programme team, marketing and manufacturing functions, plus tier 1 and tier 2 suppliers. Management of and liaise with other adjacent stakeholders and functions, including suppliers, to ensure system compatibility issues are resolved according to cost and time targets. Support system strategy development for components and features. Develop and maintain local processes and metrics. Delivery of the Body Engineering functional scorecard."
- Previous experience/knowledge of the Body Engineering environment is essential for this role.
- Knowledge of Product Development and business; processes and systems. Engineering knowledge of Body Engineering systems, component design, function, performance, production and manufacturing requirements.
- A good understanding of the change management process (PACN and WERS processes), Design Verification (RMDV), Design FMEA and AIMS processes would be advantageous."
- Be capable of engineering complex parts and / or assemblies, with particular consideration of part to part interfaces and relationships, including CAE, DFM and DFA requirements.
- The Lead Engineer should be able to demonstrate design flair and the ability to be able to engineer a range of solutions to a design problem.
- Experience of investigative tools and methods to resolve complex system issues
- Ideally educated to Degree level or equivalent."
- Excellent first hand knowledge of component design principles within Side door Systems component Design, including component production techniques such as injection moulding / aluminium extrusion / Zinc Casting / TPE extrusion and mouldings. This will involve working with and across many diverse components such as Dynamic Body/Door Seals, Door Glass Run Seals, Body and Door Mounted finishers / Claddings and/or Glass Lift systems involving Glass and Regulators and/or Door mounted module plates among others.
- Project Management skills, delivery of project from concept to full production.
- Good communication & systems engineering skills approach to project development.