Distribution Supply Chain Planner
£28,000 to £32,000 + benefits
Our client is a Japanese corporate who specialise in the specialising in the manufacture and sales of electrical connectors across multiple industries. Employing over 5,000 people worldwide with an annual turnover of over £894billion, their diverse products include electronic devices from connectors to aerospace electronic equipment, optics-related products, and various other types of machinery and equipment
They are now looking for a Distribution Supply Chain Planner to strengthen their Supply Chain team in Hampshire. Reporting to the Supply Chain Operations Manager, the Planner will manage the S&OP process from the company owned factories in the Far East, through to delivery to customers in Europe ensuring high levels of customer service throughout the supply chain.
About the role
- Management of the supply of goods from supply sites and storage locations in the Far East to customers based in Europe
- Utilising SAP to process sales orders, purchase orders and invoices
- Responsible for ensuring high levels of customer service are provided to customers
- Direct contact with factories regarding shipments.
- React to customer changing demands with liaison between customers, supply managers, logistics, account managers and factories
- Ensure that all documentation is provided to relevant parties - Invoices, Packing Lists, Bills of Lading, Certificates of Origin and tracking information.
- Face to face customer meetings when appropriate, to ensure good relationships
- Demonstrable experience in a similar position
- Strong IT skills specifically in Excel to intermediate level, i.e. Pivot Table/VLOOKUP
- Comprehensive working knowledge / experience of SAP
- Effective Time Management skills and Ability to prioritise
- Understanding and exposure to supply chain/Customer Service/Demand Planning & Forecasting processes
- Proficient communication skills; written & oral.
- Second EU language would be advantageous (especially German)
- Flexibility in approach and ability to prioritise a heavy workload and work to deadlines with a high level of accuracy
- Experience with electronics component supply chain and understanding of the manufacturing process of such components (lead times, capacity, business model for EMS/Tier 1/End customer for electronics, components, sub assemblies)
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you are an experienced Supply Chain Planner, have had exposure to a high SKU count in an electronics environment and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Supply Chain Planner role, please contact Scott Williams at Jonathan Lee Recruitment PSC17