£48k - 65k per year
about 1 month ago
Distribution Field Applications Engineer - Power Electroncis
Our Client is a supplier of high-performance electronic components used in high-voltage power-conversion systems. Our integrated circuits and diodes enable compact, energy-efficient AC-DC power supplies for a vast range of electronic products including mobile devices, TVs, PCs, appliances, smart utility meters and LED lights.
This position is based in our Maidenhead office in the UK and will support European distributors reporting to the European Distribution Sales Manager. The successful candidate must understand Power Electronics and be capable of performing first line technical support for the European Distribution Channel.
Please note - this role demands 80% of Lab time - so an electronics engineer is required for this role.
Main tasks will include:
- Customer support via email and phone
- Training distributors and product presentations to customers
- Participate and drive design reviews
- Implementation of the technical strategy for key customers
- Providing optimized theoretical designs (paper designs) and build customized hardware which include high voltage transformers
- Updating customer design programs
- Generating weekly reports
- Occasional travel to customer's location in Europe may be required
- Education: BSc Electronics Engineering or equivalent
- 2 years' experience in a similar role in the electronics industry
- Language: Fluent in written and spoken English. Any additional European language (e.g. German, Italian) is a plus
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.