Director Vehicle Engineering (chassis, dynamics background)- Norfolk - Perm
Think you know a company? .... Think again.
Bluechip, vehicle manufacturer, house-hold name, renown for vehicle dynamics.. but a sleeping giant with glory days behind it? If these are you thoughts then it may just be time to take a second look.
Following a recent acquisition by a committed buyer who has put in significant investment in facilities and a new vehicle line-up, this company is positioned to move from sleeping giant to the "British Porsche". Already well established for light weight, dynamic sports cars, this company has now added EV and hybrid technologies to its existing capability. In addition it has plans for a new and wider vehicle range. So this role offers an exciting and outstanding opportunity to make a mark and help this company on its new journey. Why risk an EV start up, when here is a ready-made and experienced manufacturer?
What you will do:
- As Vehicle Engineering Director, you'll be working at a strategic level across a range of exciting new projects within the Group.
- Grow th Vehicle Engineering Group in capacity and technical capability worldwide, fully utilising both current and future technologies across a range of vehicles and propulsion systems
- You'll oversee all aspects of Vehicle Engineering, including Vehicle Dynamics Benchmarking, NVH Benchmarking, and Vehicle Test & Development.
What you will need:
- To maintain our outstanding reputation, we are looking for the best talent to help keep us innovating and driving forward. We're looking for a Technical Expert in one or more of the following fields to lead our Vehicle Engineering Team on a wide variety of exciting and innovative projects;
- Vehicle Benchmarking
- Vehicle Dynamics
- Vehicle Test & Development
- Significant experience in developing Strategic Planning initiatives within these areas.
- A high level of driving and vehicle technical assessment skills, with experience of leading a team to deliver on Projects across the function.
- A background in delivering multiple automotive vehicle development programmes for high performance vehicles, we're looking for someone with a strong commercial awareness, and a track record of delivering projects on time and on budget.
What you will get:
All the advantages of working for a prestigious high-tech automotive company. You will find a purpose-built facility, with all the tools and equipment you need to do an outstanding job. You will benefit from our fast-paced learning environment and a track record in designing and manufacturing thoroughbred sports cars over the last seven decades.
A salary and relocation package commensurate with experience
Please contact kevin harris for further details - a CV just to understand background would be very useful at this stage along with an indication of availability and salary aspirations. If you would prefer to discuss out of hours please advise and I will call when appropriate