- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Purchasing and procurement
- Contact: Ellie Ebbage
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 397555
- Expiry Date: 08 June 2022
- Job Ref: 61050
Direct Production Buyer - 37767
Pay Rate: up to £39.73/hr Ltd (c. £30.29/hr PAYE)
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
- Supplier Portfolio reviews - Raw Material demand forecast calculation
- Supplier generated Material Specification & EU2066 sheets (RMA sourcing requisition)
- Survey across all AM suppliers for RM usage data, collate and analyse the materials mix for classification into ex-RMA / Legacy groups.
- Manage RFQ, Service Centre quote/proposal analysis, and translate into business case for sourcing recommendation.
- Business case assessment on re-introducing RMA vs Material
- Substitution request into ME/PE
- Progress SBRs & SCPA approval, onboard new AM Service Centre.
- RMA commercial update to reflect transition from PP serial to AM volume condition & vendor accounts.
- Coordinate and manage ME assessment of substitute materials / PE assessment of testing / validation required at the suppliers.
- Strategy and Sourcing
- Contract Management and negotiation
- Cost analysis and value chain analysis
- Delivering complex supply chain solutions in a fast paced, high pressured manufacturing environment
- Ability to work independently, results driven, demonstrating tenacity, drive and perseverance with the ability to deliver operational plans in a complex, highly demanding environment.
- Implementing and delivering purchasing strategies with the focus on total value chain delivery Identify opportunities for creating value in a commodity or commodities
- A resilient and enthusiastic individual who responds constructively to new ideas and inputs
- A strong communicator with the ability to communicate effectively with key stakeholders to influence cross-functional engagement
- An effective team player, actively develops and supports team members
- Maintaining compliance with standard policies and procedures
- An individual with a proven track record in delivering results in both favourable and unfavourable conditions
- The ability to challenge in a positive way whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style
- Experience of working in a global, multi-cultural environment
Degree qualified or equivalent experience
** THIS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35 **
To apply for this role please send your CV to email@example.com.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.