Competitive salary and benefits package
Salary: Competitive Salary and Benefits
A talented Buyer is required by a market leading, global, interconnect specialist. As one of the world's most innovative and advanced interconnect technology manufacturers, its Kent based site, leads in the design and manufacture of a range of connectors and interconnect products for a highly demanding customer base in Aerospace and Military sectors.
With further growth, and investment, we are seeking an experienced Direct Buyer who will be responsible for all aspects of procurement activity associated with procuring a designated range of goods at optimum cost, delivered on time and to the required quality standard.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for all transactional procurement activity associated with a designated range of category suppliers
- Accountability for day to day purchasing activities ensuring that parts are delivered on-time to suit customer requirements. From raising the Purchase order to the delivery of the product into stores ensuring availability for production within the required time-scales
- Interpreting drawings and specifications and following rules in order to conform with our accreditations
- Able to calculate batch sizes to both manage cost reduction, reduce in-house transactions whilst still optimising inventory levels to ensure product availability
- To manage supplier relationships in a strategic manner to ensure continuity of supply and ensure commercial terms are suitable for the long term aims of the business.
- Promote supplier relationship management and actively engage with key suppliers to address issues and identify potential opportunities to further develop collaboration and deliver continuous improvement of supplier performance (e.g. Costs, Service and Quality)
- To manage tender and negotiation process for new contracts and contract renewals.
- Proven track record in purchasing and negotiation skills
- Experience in Microsoft Office packages (Excel, Word, & PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of world class Supply Chain Practices
- Strong Purchasing background with experience in Procurement in an Engineering environment
- Engineering background
- Proven track record of cost savings and vendor performance improvement
- Strong Vendor Management skills
- Solid background in supply management, with strong discipline in supplier cost avoidance
- Experience of MAPICS XA an advantage
In return for your procurement experience, you will have access to a global corporation. You will find countless opportunities to train and acquire new skills news, ranging from formal training and qualifications, to on the job experience and mentoring. Opportunities for travel to other company sites around the world along with supplier facilities. Interested? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly or call Lisa on 01384 446162 for further information.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.