Seeking a Dimensional Quality Engineer with previous experience within a manufacturing environment.
In this role, you'll be accountable for the dimensional integrity of BIW assemblies and Body structures.
- This might be Underbody, Bodysides, Framing or Closures. Beginning each project at clay model phase, you'll work closely with our talented Product Design team, optimising styling and design for dimensional robustness.
- You will then move in to the Pre-launch phase, and you will be required to appraise product design at each virtual release gateway, providing feedback on feasibility and robustness.
- You'll actively assist with feasibility solutions, as well as analysing best practice and benchmarking our approaches. You'll also help to shape strategies for assembly locator, measurement point and programmes, and assembly tooling and processes.
- During prototype and delivery phases, you¿ll undertake a broad range of key duties - from commissioning activities on BIW assembly tooling, through to analysing dimensional reports on incoming parts, tooling and assembly. At this stage you will be required to create action plans for improving the dimensional integrity of the body structure.
- A proven track in manufacturing engineering, operating within a BIW, Metrology / Measurement or Quality area is essential.
- An established talent for maintaining - and, ideally, improving - the quality of a product, process or facility is also crucial.
- What's more, we'll expect you to demonstrate the ability to successfully utilise statistical process control.
- Applicants should ideally possess a Degree, in a relevant Engineering Discipline.
- Applicants with a HNC/HND who can demonstrate relevant expertise and experience will also be considered.
- Computer literacy and an ability to write technical reports and give presentations are essential requirements.
- You will have a valid driving licence and are ready and able to travel."
- Experience in metrology and manufacturing engineering as well as Six Sigma experience as Green Belt or Black Belt are beneficial Closure Assemblies and/or Cladding Processes Experience would be ideal but not a necessity.
This is a 12 month contract position offering an hourly rate of up to £34.67 based at Gaydon, West Midlands.
It is imperative that applicants demonstrate and prove their eligibility to work in the UK.
If you have any questions about this role please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert of Jonathan Lee Recruitment.