- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Manufacturing and production
- Contact: Rachel Meacham
- Contact Email: Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446112
- Expiry Date: 22 October 2021
- Job Ref: 58803
Title: Dimensional Lead Engineer - 37214
Division: Manufacturing Engineering
Contract Position based at: Solihull
Rate: - up to £29.38/hour Ltd (c£22.66/hour PAYE option)
Dimensional Lead Engineer responsible for representing Dimensional Control and Building integrity as Vehicle Line Specialist at the home base.
- Coordinate and monitor the buy off, creation support and application of the Dimensional Management system program model lines.
- Support/lead the benchmarking of alternative launch practices within the Automotive industry to establish and implement best practices.
- Ensure key dimensional KPI metrics are delivered (e.g. PIST, PPK)
- Coordinate and monitor the build quality performance, monitoring the launch sites to recognise and address capability issues and address them.
- Liaise with the Advanced Manufacturing Engineers, Current Manufacturing Engineers, Product Development, Stamping Engineering engineers, managers and Area managers of launch sites to prepare and accomplish the hand-over of dimensional quality activities within Job1 +90.
- Coordinate and monitor the compliance with corporate initiatives like International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO) 14001 TS 16949 etc within the team
- General understanding of Manufacturing Processes & Lean Principles
- Effective Communicator; Verbal and Written
- Computer Literacy; Self Motivated; Good Problem Solving Skills
- General understanding of Automotive Manufacturing Processes (ideally Body-in-White)
- Understanding of part/assembly Location Strategy Principals
- Relevant Dimensional / Tooling Maturation experience
- Metrology experience
- Understanding of GD&T (Geometric, Dimensioning and Tolerancing)
- Six Sigma Training
- CAD Skills - Catia V5/V6
- DVA Skills - 3DCS and / or VisVSA
Degree / Higher National Certificate / Diploma in relevant Engineering discipline
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.