Job title: Dimensional Engineer
Salary Range: Up to £37.00 per hour LTD
Location: Hullavington, Wiltshire
A Dimensional Engineer opportunity has become available for a our client who design and manufacture state of the art products for a global market.
You will join a highly successful Powertrain and Body In White (BIW) groups within in its Electric Vehicle Engineering Team in Hullavington.
The role requires a full understanding and ability to demonstrate the suitability of Siemens VSA software. This will enable more efficient analysis of dimensional quality.
This is an exciting opportunity for a driven individual to be responsible for generating 3D dimensional analysis models, results and processes.
- Take existing CAD models with fully dimensioned (incl. GD&T) drawings and add Product Manufacturing Information (PMI).
- Create 3D dimensional analysis models to analyse tolerance stacks on critical dimensions.
- Maintain and update dimensional analysis models as designs change and evolve.
- Interpret statistical data for root cause variation analysis.
- Develop processes of best practice to enable the generation of robust 3D dimensional analysis models.
What You Will Need:
- Highly competent using Siemens NX, Vis Variation Analysis (VSA), Teamcenter and PMI.
- Competent at reading and understanding engineering drawings, including GD&T to BS8888.
- Knowledge and understanding of the use of statistics in control of manufacturing.
- Competent using Microsoft Office.
- Strong team working skills to work with BIW and Powertrain engineers.
- Previous experience of 3D dimensional analysis in the automotive industry is beneficial.
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.