Job title: Digital Visualisation Designer
Location: Marylebone, London
Salary/Hourly Rate: £Competitive (DOE)
An unmissable opportunity has become available with one of our leading automotive clients. This presents an excellent opportunity for a Digital Visualisation Designer to carry out competitive and unique design programmes in a unique environment and surroundings for designers to harness latest design trends to inspire and inform future products for their brand
You’ll be joining a highly collaborate, creative environment to deliver world-class, advanced design projects for this exciting car brand, as well as other future products for the wider group!
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES .
- Responsible for generating world class 3D design models and surface data for both exterior and interior from selected designs.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of VR tools and process.
- Integrate VR into the daily design process for regular interaction with designers and reviews with design management
- Ensure the continued development of team members across the department in latest digital trends and software.
- Generation of 3D data for use as visualisation and communication of ideas.
- Generation of outstanding CGi visuals to support marketing activities
- Developing in house 3D capabilities and identifying new opportunities and training
- Set up of digital environments and materials to reflect given design direction
- Ensuring all 3D model generation is performed in relation to any available package and feasibility data.
- Produce animations and show reels to support design presentation.
- Control of quality and ensuring 3rd party modelling activities are delivered to required standards
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Relevant digital modelling experience, preferably at OEM level
- Excellent ability to understand, read and interpretation 2D design sketches and translation to 3D volume, surface and detail.
- Excellent understanding of 3D form, volume, sculpture, surface quality and detail
- Excellent digital modelling and visualisation skills, use of relevant tools (Alias, VRED, Maya, etc.) and techniques to produce outstanding visuals.
- Excellent 3D resolution and problem solving
- Natural eye for composition, lighting and representation of materials
- Able to construct basic vehicle layout to a given direction in order to develop proportion model studies
- Good knowledge of the design process
- Excellent communication skills with global design team and senior management
- Willing and able to travel throughout UK, Europe and China as required by project and company commitments
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role please contact Teresa Anderson at Jonathan Lee.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.