- Sector: Off-Highway
- Function: Embedded Systems & Electronics
- Contact: James Tilley
- Contact Email: James.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446126
- Expiry Date: 01 February 2022
- Job Ref: 60013
Digital Systems Validation Engineer
Up to £36.00 per hour - Inside IR35
12 month initial contract
You would join the Electrification and Advanced Power Solutions team as a validation engineer, leading the development of FMEA (Failure Mode Effect Analysis) of the digital systems that support the customer and our internal logistics and product planning.
You will then develop and supporting the execution of the validation working closely with the digital NPI team.
In addition, there would be high interaction with multiple disciplines across the group working with Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain,Electronics, Sales and Marketing, Applications, customers and others.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop failure mode analysis and validation plans with support relevant subject matter experts as required
- Document and gain consensus on test plans with the team
- Support the testing, working with a simulation engineer, to test and validate failure modes
- Developing digital product, to make sure they work. Running testing via user or mathematical testing.
- Spend time using excel assessing risk. Matlab/Python. Training provided on these
- Meetings with various groups developing the product. Working closely with the overall architect.
- Writing reports and demonstrating that it is all working. (Math/coding)
- Validation testing for the app.
Skills and Experience:
Candidates will have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
- Experience within product or service development
- Coding experience
- Experience working with digital delivery, e.g. IT / software development / engineering data
- High levels of prioritisation, organisation and planning skills
- Capability to influence and work through others to deliver a solution
Candidates may have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
- Experience in Operations, Supply Chain, Sales, Marketing, Engineering or Applications relating to customer, products
- Matlab/Python experience
- Proven ability to get inside systems and processes to drive a successful outcome
- Will be mostly working from home but would need to be able to attend Peterborough when needed.
- This position is INSIDE IR35
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.