£31.39 - 31.39 per hour
over 1 year ago
Title: Digital Software Engineers
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
The Digital Engineering Capability team is looking for a small team of experienced Engineers to join us to deliver robust software tools to support modelling and simulation activities and so enhance the capabilities and efficiency of CAE teams across product engineering.
You will collaborate with the full range of JLR`s CAE Experts to drive the wider adoption of digital tools and reduce dependence on physical testing. A variety of roles are available, including enhancing the capabilities of, and providing support for, JLR`s existing in-house MATLAB "App Store" which is used to distribute MATLAB based engineering applications across the Product Engineering function
You will be responsible for supporting Model Integration objectives, with a primary focus on the delivery of integrated vehicle model templates to digital vehicle build; and enhancing the capabilities of our existing database application to enable efficient sharing and use of consistent engineering data throughout the engineering community. You will work closely with a team of software development engineering to ensure that robust, quality assured tools are delivered to the engineering community are delivered in a responsive manner.
- High levels of personal organisation and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the confidence to communicate across all levels
- Good team player and self-motivated
- Experience in software development best practice, incl. OOP, software architecture design, change management, unit testing / continuous integration etc.
- Demonstrable skills in a relevant programming language, e.g. MATLAB, Python, C, C++, python and Java
- Experience of using 1D / Systems Modelling & Simulation methods to solving real world, automotive related engineering problems
- Experience of both SQL and NoSQL database design
- Experience of model integration / co-simulation methods and tool coupling interfaces such as s-function and FMI
- Familiarity with automotive systems and technologies, and CAE methodologies
- Experience of solving complex technical issues using a structured approach with the ability to identify areas for improvement
- Familiarity with working in an Agile environment
Relevant Degree or equivalent (Automotive/Mechanical Engineering, Physical Sciences, Computer Science or similar)
This position has been deemed to be INSIDE IR35
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.