Digital Mock-up Engineer/DMU Engineer - Electric Vehicle - Hullavington Wiltshire - £35-£44k DOE
A fantastic opportunity to join an established British company working on their innovative EV programme.
The Digital Mock-up Engineer will ensure geometric compatibility of the product design and provide support to resolve cross-functional issues. This position sits within Vehicle Integration in the Automotive Team.
- Support planning and delivery of geometric compatibility DMU (Digital Mock Up) checks for each virtual series gateway. This may require working with both in-house and external resources.
- Drive cross functional issue resolution of geometric compatibility issues identified through regular DMU reviews.
- Carry out DMU assessments across all areas of the vehicle as required.
- Interface with Package chunk teams for solution of macro-compatibility issues.
- Interface with other DPA teams (e.g. Manufacturing, Service, CAE) for resolution of all DPA issues identified affecting geometric compatibility.
What you will need
- A degree in Automotive or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent is preferable (Note: Good relevant experience will be considered in lieu of qualifications);
- Experience working in a cross-functional geometric integration / Package / DMU role. Automotive experience preferable, but other disciplines will be considered e.g. aerospace, rail;
- Experience using Siemens (NX) Teamcenter v10 preferable;
- Experience using CAD visualisation tools essential (e.g. Teamcenter visualisation professional or Vismockup);
- A good working knowledge of MS Office;
- Experience of the Virtual Series process and geometric compatibility DPA process is preferable;
- Good understanding of CAD data development / best practices (structuring, maturity etc) - Automotive experience preferable;
What you will get
As Digital Mock-up DMU Engineer;
- Experience of working on a project from concept stage.
- An excellent salary & benefits package
- Excellent professional development & career progression
Suitably qualified and experienced Digital Mock-up DMU Engineers should apply today by either calling Jeff Lane on +44 (0)1384 446108 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.