Job title: Diesel Vehicle Software Integration Engineer
Salary Range: £23.00 Ltd Co
Location: Basildon, Essex
A Diesel Vehicle Software Integration Engineer is required with experience in Engine Controls Environment.
Due to continued growth this company, based in Basildon requires a Diesel Vehicle Software Integration Engineer with understanding of Software development process, Architecture and business model procedures for a new contract role. As a Diesel Vehicle Software Integration Engineer, you will be required to:
- Manage and perform Software Plug-in deliveries to suppliers aligned to FDEC and application plans
- Act as the point of contact for the Common Powertrain Feature SSFTs for issue resolution.
- Lead issue investigation and resolution by working together with software suppliers, internal SSFTs and calibration teams in vehicle and on HIL and dyno rigs
- Support HIL testing of feature DVM with default Cal availability for feature validation
- Support Blueprint planning for variants
- Build relationship and foster collaborative approach with supply base, Common Vehicle Feature SSFTs and aligned Calibration team to improve Gas/Diesel collaboration and commonality.
- Build positive, collaborative relationships with customer teams.
- Support process improvement activities
The Diesel Vehicle Software Integration Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Agile Methodologies
- ATI, C / Matlab / Simulink, AccuRev / Clearcase or other SCM tools
- MS Project MS Office Suite (Excel / Word / Powerpoint)
- Works well under pressure and capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Well-developed interpersonal, organisational, facilitation and communication skills.
- Experience working with embedded software
- Experience in Engine Controls Environment
- Understanding of Software development process, Architecture and business model and Software V cycle (development through to testing and signoff)
- Proven ability to communicate and work with others in a global context
- Proven ability to work with and direct external software suppliers
- Microsoft Office software capabilities
- Engineering degree in Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Electronic Systems, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering.
- Other Engineering/pure science degrees to be considered on a case-to-case basis.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of working within vehicle software integration to develop your career. In return for your experience, thisBasildon based automotive company will offer you:
- Salary of £23.00 Ltd Co
If you have any questions about the Diesel Vehicle Software Integration Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259.