Job title: Technical Author - Diesel Engines
Salary Range: Up to £30.00 per hour (Fully dependant on experience)
2 x Technical Author opportunities have become available for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines. The position will be a long term contract role based in Peterborough and is paying a rate of up to £30.00 Ltd Co per hour.
- Authoring software tools to develop and maintain a variety Diesel Engine Service Publications. This includes Service Manuals, Service Periodicals & Tooling Catalogues, for both new and existing products. The development and maintenance of accurate and easy to use Service Publications is essential in support of the objective to maximise the Service Capability of Dealers & Distributors Globally.
- Technical Authors have the primary responsibility for the development and maintenance of each publication and it is also the responsibility of the Author to ensure each publication is authored to the established documentation standards.
- Technical Authors also have the responsibility to receive Customer Feedback and action any resulting changes to Publications.
- Receive Document Content outline from various sources including the Engineering Teams and Enterprise Subject Matter Experts (SME).
To apply for these positions you should have some of the following:
- Requires technical / engineering knowledge.
- Knowledge of engine components (or similar industrial products / integration within assy)
- Engineering drawing, illustration and model understanding / knowledge.
- Ability to interpret basic technical data.
- Good working knowledge of engines authoring and graphics software systems - eg NCR Windchill / ACM.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent planning & Time Management skills.
- Microsoft Program knowledge
Senior Technical Author
- As above & In addition below:
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge.
- Strong working knowledge of authoring and graphics software systems.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to utilize a variety of computer software packages is necessary.
- The ability to understand complex data structures and present the data to the user group in a structured format.
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this Technical Author role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.