Diesel Engine Specialist - Coventry - Excellent salary, lease car + benefits or £/hr
This is a terrific opportunity for an experienced Diesel Engine Specialist to join this ambitious vehicle manufacturer at its state-of-the-art Technical Centre in Coventry.
Reporting to the Chief Engineer - Engineering Quality - you will lead the input to the parent company's engineering vehicle sign-off activities with an initial focus on supporting delivery of BS6 emissions compliance across its entire range of Diesel engines.
This role will appeal to a very experienced Diesel Engine Specialist, highly knowledgeable of aftertreatment emissions technologies and possessing the ability to lead and coach less experienced engineers. This brings with it the need to spend circa 12 one-week duration periods per annum in India.
This job is offered as a permanent staff, fixed term or hourly paid options.
Key Activities and Tasks:
- Management of the Centre's support to the parent company's ESO activities
- Lead the deployment of the ESO process to passenger car and commercial vehicle powertrain programmes
- Populate and maintain project risk status
- Report project risks to Senior Management
- Identify and develop opportunities for improved verification and validation methods
- A full job specification is available on request
Qualifications, experience and personal attributes required:
- Degree qualified and Chartered preferred but not essential
- Possess great depth of experience of Diesel engine emissions aftertreatment technologies to meet BS6 requirements
- Understanding of product delivery processes
- Understanding of RMDV2
- Understanding of Systems Engineering Approach
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Possess cultural awareness and ability to overcome barriers
In return you will get:
- An excellent salary, lease car, car allowance and benefits package
- Or, an attractive day or hourly rate
- The opportunity to pass on knowledge of Diesel engines emissions technologies to less experienced engineers, acting as technical lead and coach
Talented Diesel Engine Specialists should apply today for this very exciting job by either calling Ray Greenman on +44 (0) 1384 397 555 or email (CV + cover letter)