Salary Range: £35,000 to £45,000
Benefits: 25 days annual leave, bonus, childcare vouchers, contributory pension scheme, contributory share scheme
Location: Peterborough - Relocation/ Sponsorship: Not available with this role
**Flexible Working will be considered**
An opening has become available for a diesel engine performance engineer to join one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
As a Performance Engineer, you will be a key member of the team working on a variety of product development projects covering performance and emissions development, validation and certification disciplines.
Previous Performance or Product Development Engineering experience is essential, ideally gained working for a Gasoline, Natural Gas or Diesel Engine Manufacturer.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Ownership of product development projects, responsible for meeting programme deliverables (quality and timing).
- Collaborate closely with technicians, engineers and other process partners.
- Identification, analysis, and resolution of issues - clear communication with process partners.
- Effective communication of technical information including analysis, conclusions and recommendations. Formally documented in technical reports / sign-off packs as appropriate.
- Evaluate products and processes; perform needs analysis, initiate ideas, engage in continuous improvement opportunities.
- Will possess good simulation-based product development and emissions testing experience.
- Will possess good communication and statistical analytical skills, with ability to provide concise insights, conclusions and recommendations drawn from complex technical data.
- Applicants will ideally hold an Engineering / Technical Degree or be qualified through relevant work experience.
- Good PC Skills are essential, able to use Excel to intermediate standard or higher.
- Previous experience using MATLAB and SIMULINK Systems is desirable.
Please get in contact with James Tilley for more details.