- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Powertrain
- Contact: Rachel Meacham
- Contact Email: Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446112
- Expiry Date: 10 November 2021
- Job Ref: 59452
Title: Diesel Emissions Calibration Engineer (Aftertreatment Ageing) - 37420
Contract Position based at: Whitley
Rate: up to £27.97/hr Ltd (c£21.59/hr PAYE option)
A Emissions Calibration / Aftertreatment Engineer is required to plan and deliver bench-aged aftertreatment systems to support calibration and certification activities.
Bench-ageing is an accelerated ageing process currently conducted on an engine test bed to an approved process. There is an existing test bed set up on a JLR facility for aftertreatment ageing, running an automated cycle.
The role involves:
- Compiling ageing requests from calibration and certification teams (customers).
- Planning and prioritising requests and seeking escalation when conflicts are unable to be resolved.
- Calculating bench-ageing duration from supplied standard road cycle data.
- Managing logistics of aftertreatment systems between customers and test bed.
- Requesting instrumentation required for ageing process. Issuing work instructions to test bed.
- Monitoring test bed data and ensuring ageing is conducted correctly to process.
- Producing reports for each system and confirming ageing duration, temperature profiles and oxygen storage before issuing parts to customer.
- Familiarity working with engine test beds, understanding of basic engine control parameters to deliver required exhaust mass flow rate, temperature, lambda, urea dosing.
- Understanding of basic aftertreatment function and ageing impacts (light-off, oxygen storage capacity).
- Ability to analyse and interpret engine / test bed data using INCA / MDA, Concerto, Matlab
- Experience in engine / aftertreatment calibration or aftertreatment system development.
- Experience using engineering tools such as INCA / MDA, Concerto, Matlab.
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Ability to work within a team, be customer focussed, data driven and able to react to changing priorities; able to manage tasks and overcome obstacles.
- Calibration experience desirable.
- Engine combustion fundamentals desirable.
- Detailed understanding of aftertreatment chemistry and calibration optimisation desirable.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate professionalism, technical competence and delivery mindset in a team environment.
Minimum qualification of a Degree (or equivalent) in relevant Engineering or Science subject, or equivalent
** THIS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35 **
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.