£35k - 45k per year + Pension
Diesel Calibration Engineer (FTC)
£35,000 p.a. to £45,000 p.a. plus benefits
A Diesel Calibration Engineer is required to be responsible for optimising the calibration of the diesel engine and powertrain. Candidates with experience of start and idle and vehicle systems would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this company, the world's largest independent company for development, simulation and testing technology of powertrains, requires a proactive Diesel Calibration Engineer, based on their customer site in Dunton, to plan, prepare and supervise related vehicle tests, assessment and documentation of test results and delivery of calibrations. As a Diesel Calibration Engineer you will be required to:
- Plan and execute of an engine or vehicle development program
- Calibration dataset development in-line with attribute targets
- Dataset validation for all ambient conditions both in facility and in territory
- Analysis of results and preparation of recommendations
- Liaison and reporting to various functions within the organisation
The Diesel Calibration Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree qualified in Mechanical/Automotive or related Engineering discipline
- Good working knowledge of EMS and related tools and software
- Experience in start and idle calibration desirable
- Experience in vehicle systems calibration (A/C, alternator, temperature modelling, fuel systems, urea systems)
- Good knowledge of feedback control systems and calibration techniques
- Knowledge of data analysis tools such as AVL Concerto or equivalent
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with a good knowledge of diesel combustion engine fundamentals to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Dunton based company will offer you:
- Salary £35,000 p.a. to £45,000 p.a.
- European Travel
This is initially a fixed term contract (FTC) for 8 months which is subject to review and may be extended based on the requirements of the customer. If you have experience as a Diesel Calibration Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Diesel Calibration Engineer role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.