£40,000 - £50,000 (DOE) plus benefits
about 2 months ago
Die Shop Manager
Salary circa £40,000 - £50,000 (DOE) + benefits
A Die Shop Manager is required for this heavy aluminium extrusion business, part of a forward-thinking Group that has developed a strong brand and reputation for its precision extruded products. The company supplies a wide range of extruded aluminium profiles across a broad and varied customer base on a global basis. To support growth and ongoing demand for their high-quality products they are now looking to recruit a Die Shop Manager. This is an important role within the business and will require a strong working knowledge of precision engineering in relation to the manufacture, maintenance, and refurbishment of close tolerance production dies.
To be considered for this Die Shop Manager position you must have or be:
- Experience working as a Manager or Supervisor in a busy Die Maintenance or Die Manufacturing department and have a strong practical background that should include precision machining, (milling, turning, grinding, die sinking) and mechanical fitting together with a good understanding of geometrical tolerancing and inspection using CMM and digital inspection techniques.
- A good understanding of Health & Safety with experience of completing risk assessments that will ensure safe systems of work, providing a safe working environment for employees.
- Develop relationships with key suppliers of components and services to ensure where possible the repair and maintenance of dies is achieved on time to the right standard.
- A full time served apprentice with qualifications to C&G, ONC or HNC in Mechanical or Production Engineering with a background that is likely to include Toolmaking, Die Maintenance and Inspection gained in a busy and pressurised production environment.
- Collate die tool data, analysing wear and trends and working closely with quality to analyse product SPC data to predict tool life and refurbishment or replacement strategies. Instigate end of run inspection to ensure die capability, and integrity before storage. Prepare failure analysis reports to feedback into design to improve capability and performance.
- Able to develop strong working relationships with other departments including operations & production, engineering, quality, maintenance and drawing office and represent the Die Shop at management meetings.
- An ability to mentor, coach and train employees and be comfortable conducting appraisals and performance reviews when required and setting objectives to ensure deadlines and KPIs are achieved.
- Experience of managing a departmental budget to the agreed level of expenditure including replacement die and labour costs.
- Good communication skills, setting high standards, leading by example, with a tenacious approach to Health & Safety, continuous improvement and instilling disciplines that will deliver an effective Die Shop function.
- Able to develop a proactive responsive Die Shop function that will provide high levels of maintenance, refurbishment, availability and reliability of dies to achieve production targets and the delivery of high-quality profiles that will exceed customer expectation.
This is an important and challenging position that presents a great opportunity to join a growing and dynamic business as Die Shop Manager and be part of a management team who are fully committed to driving the business forward. Heading up the Die Shop will require strong leadership, people management and decision-making skills with a focus based on employee engagement that will deliver high levels of Die availability in a controlled and safe working environment.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.