- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Software and IT
- Contact: Grant Nisbet
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446115
- Expiry Date: 08 December 2021
- Job Ref: 59440
Diagnostic Investigation and Resolution Engineer
Contract rates to £20.73 per hour (Umbrella)
Can you offer proven experience of problem solving and issue resolution in a vehicle diagnostics environment?
As part of a major new initiative at this prestigious OEM you will assist in the analysis and resolution of vehicle diagnostic software and hardware issues raised by the engineers, customer care and key fleet support.
Issues will predominantly concern the diagnostic software/tools used in dealer to support vehicle repairs (Etis IDS, FDRS, PTS and future software/tools as required Mycanics etc.
Key functions of this Diagnostic Investigation and Resolution Engineer role will include;
- Working with IT to ensure quality end-user experience of diagnostic process.
- The investigation of the vehicle remotely using Team Viewer or on site at the dealer premises if the repair instruction/ recommendation does not resolve the issue.
- Supporting customer care + process to deliver resolution for customers.
- Carrying out validation of IT defect resolution actions to ensure effective fixes are in place.
- Ensuring the accurate recording and documentation of issue investigations and root cause descriptions.
- Co-ordinating quick and effective fixes with the dealers/ technicians within agreed deadlines.
- The analysis of data using Excel to produce/ contribute to tables and graphs to quickly communicate issue resolution status.
- Using continuous improvement tools to support optimisation of the vehicle issue resolution process.
Ideal requirements for this role will include;
- Strong skills in problem solving within a vehicle diagnostics environment.
- IT development experience in a vehicle diagnostic environment.
- Experience of Ford Diagnostic systems - Etis IDS, FDRS and PTS.
- Experience of Rally or equivalent IT defect management software.
- Having the ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
This role (reference 54436) is subject to an increase under AWR after 13 weeks and has been deemed Inside IR35. For more details please contact Grant Nisbet at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.