£20.84 - 20.84 per hour
An experienced Diagnostic Engineer is required to join an automotive OEM based in Essex.
This position is within Global Diagnostic Procedures Group. The group deals with writing and maintaining diagnostic for use by dealers on the Dealer Tools, namely, FDRS and EtisIDS, PTS. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of diagnostic procedures & tool software. Work will include Current Model vehicles and Future Models diagnostic strategies and software.
You will be part of a global team and be responsible for an area of vehicles such as the engine, suspension, seats. The team roles do change in time and depending on candidate, if a preferred vehicle system is identified we aim to adjust the team to suit the candidates incoming skills and experience.
Team members have both been recruited from a both dealership role in the past (such as master technician) and via academic education.
Ideal candidate would be a former Ford Master Technician, who can understand new technologies quickly, able to work with the vehicle design teams and lay out the diagnostic steps required to be taken by the technician in order to solve vehicle issues.
1) Experience of using Vector toolsets like CANAlyser, DET Tool or suitable CAN Bus equivalent.
2) Excellent, demonstratable, interpersonal, project management and communication skills.
3) Excellent PC Skills.
- Master mechanic, hands on experience fault finding on complex vehicles
- Previously written diagnostic content
- Use of CAN tools like CANoe, Candella, Kvaser or equivalent.
- Some experience of writing or using high-level computer software packages (e.g. C++)
- Working knowledge of Electrical and Powertrain vehicle systems and architectures
- Good knowledge of CAN Bus networks in vehicle systems and diagnostic messaging philosophy.
- Working with an Electrical or Powertrain diagnostics environment
- Experience of simulation, Yellow Board and vehicle testing desired
- Experience of diagnostic authoring or programming vehicle diagnostics through Ford tools such as Bosch GradeX, Ford SPA or use of OTX is desirable.
- Working knowledge of Ford Dealer Diagnostic tools IDS/FDRS/EtisIDS desired
- Familiarity with any of these Ford Systems WERS, Sharepoint, IVS (& GIVIS), FordETIS, OASIS, BSAQ, GCQIS and E-tracker.
** THIS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35 **
Very occasional trips to Germany, a dealership or vehicle assembly plant.
To apply for this role please send your CV to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.