£0.00 - £18.05 per hour
about 2 years ago
Diagnostic & Test Author (Part Time) - 52496
£18.05 Ltd Co
This is a part time position an average of 18 hours per week must be fulfilled.
A Diagnostic & Test Author is required with knowledge and experience of working with content management systems and xml.
The group deals with developing and maintaining diagnostics. This is primarily an individual role and the Technical Author must be a motivated self-starter.
The role is ideal for someone looking for a work-life balance and you can expect a friendly team ambience and a supportive work culture.
The successful candidate will be responsible for authoring the diagnostic and test content for the workshop manual.
The content will be produced using both standard and custom software applications and comprise of descriptive text, tables and supporting graphics. They will be expected to work closely with the diagnostic feature owners who will provide much of the technical content.
Authors will be expected to manage their own time and priorities in order to meet timing objectives.
Our client based in Basildon requires a Diagnostic & Test Author, you will be required to:
- Own and maintain the Diagnostic content available in the Online Technical Information and Services website.
- Revamp and restructure existing content and develop (with support) new content as required.
- Work on documentation Feedback cases on an as needed basis raised by Dealers, Technical Support teams.
The Diagnostic & Test Author should have the following skills or experience:
- Excellent communication, both written and oral.
- Knowledge and experience of working with content management systems and xml
- Self-motivated with the ability to appropriately prioritise tasks and deliver on objectives.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word and Excel) and MS Outlook.
- Writing for Translation.
- Writing in adherence to the Global Authoring Standards.
- Ability to interact and liaise with testing team members, key stakeholders and translation team.
- Experience in authoring customer-facing instructional information.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with understanding of diagnostic and testing domain to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Basildon based automotive company will offer you:
- £18.05 Ltd Co
If you have any questions about the Diagnostic & Test Author role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship