Position - Development Engineer
Location - Rotherham/Sheffield
Contact - 2-3 month contract, may become permanent if circumstances allow
Rates - Flexible £18 - £25 per hour (negotiable) depending on exp/skills
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Development Engineer to join our innovative organisation located in Rotherham, Sheffield. The purpose of this job role is to provide R&D support to the project leader to ensure the project tasks and work assigned are completed in a timely, precise and satisfactory manner. You will be working on projects and will help develop cutting edge technologies, that have the potential to solve a global problem and must have the motivation, interest and work ethic to reflect this.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Adhere to the safety and environmental standards outlined by the organisation
- Carry out experimental procedures and record all data accurately
- Interpret, manipulate and present data in reports
- Learn how to use and operate equipment safely
- Support the development new test methods and creation of SOPs
Background Experience and Qualifications
- Experience working in R&D or quality control
- A degree in a physical science subject or equivalent desirable, but not essential
- Experience of new product development and a good understanding of experimental test design
- The ability to work well in a team
- Attention to detail and accuracy is essential
- Ability to collate, analyse and understand the output from scientific data generated in projects
- Basic competence using hand tools
- Must have excellent attention to detail, performing and recording all experiments in a consistent manner.
- The role will entail the collection of raw data for our technologies, where perseverance and critical thinking are key to success.
- Ideally, you will be able to work independently as part of a wider team, with good problem-solving skills and actively maintain and improve test equipment.
To apply for the Development Engineer vacancy please email your up dated CV to Amo Rai, Senior Automation & Robotics Consultant.