Development Quality Engineer - R00008472
A Development Quality Engineer is required with knowledge of mass production techniques.
This company based in Cranfield requires a Development Quality Engineer with technical and/or design/warranty experience for a new contract role. As a Development Quality Engineer, you will be required to:
- To promote and support high standards in the design activity within either the electrical, body or the trim department during vehicle development and in production in order to meet specific company objectives.
- To create and manage plans to assist Design in meeting our warranty, dissatisfaction, durability, breakdown etc. targets, supporting technically to deliver sound solutions.
- To support new vehicle programmes utilising best practice from previous developments along with ensuring consistent application of design tools, training where necessary.
- Support development process improvement activities.
The Development Quality Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree or (minimum) HND qualified with suitable experience.
- Technical and/or design/warranty engineering background with a keen quality mind-set.
- Automotive experience advantageous (OEM or supplier), ideally in the trim, body or electrical field.
- Experience of mass production techniques.
- Able to demonstrate evidence of working individually to a given brief on own initiative whilst delivering and reporting to a matrix management.
- Comfortable representing the department in internal meetings and occasionally with suppliers.
- Evidence of chairing technical meetings to progress and resolve market issues.
- Able to work productively with colleagues of different nationalities.
- Practiced in using quality tools such as fault tree analysis, 5 why's, KT analysis, Weibull analysis and carrying out root cause analysis.
- Understands and familiar in the use of the PDCA cycle (Plan Do Check Action)
- Data analysis and manipulation know-how (Excel skills)
- Presentation creation and delivery skills (PowerPoint)
If you have any questions about the Development Quality Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship